Friday, November 15, 2013

You didn't see me take these pictures!

Trail of History 2013

 
For the first and last time, we stayed overnight at the Trail. The night was cold, but the morning was beautiful, and I pulled out my not-historically-authentic camera. I got teased a little by our Highlander neighbor, but then he admitted to taking some himself, including one with the tipi-framed moon.

 Our neighbors on the other side included an incredibly social and adorable three-year-old.
Laura and David made their own haversacks, with a little help.

Michael went barefoot all weekend.

We volunteered at the Children's Dress Up site during the day on Saturday and slept inside the tent that night. We brought in the straw bales for a mattress and despite the freezing temperatures, most of us stayed warm enough. We had enough blankets!

.:The trail Sunday morning:.

.:Sunrise:.
 
 
David walked to the top of the kame with me.
.:View of the Valley Floor from the kame:.

.:Tents:.

The French voyageurs. I never did get to watch them do their canoe launch.

~

My mom took some more pictures of us, so I may post a few of those in the near future. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elizabeth. So good to know about you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad that I could stop by your blog "Elizabeth's Blog" and the post on it " You did not see me take these Pictures" "Trail of History). Wow those are beautiful pictures. More than these pictures I liked what you said about you in your profile "It is all about Jesus and not about me" speaks a lot of your heart for the Lord Jesus Christ and the way you have been brought up by your Godly parents that brings glory to the Lord. Well I want to share with you about the opportuntiy you can have of coming to Mumbai, India on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. we also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come on a short /long term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation time. We would love to have you and other siblings of you above the age group of 14 so that you could come and work with us by being hands and feet of Jesus. I would love to hear fr om you in near future. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete