Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Luv My Sweet Potato Lunch


Hello again!
Isn't November the perfect month to pull out Thankful Thursdays again?
~
This year I decided not to join my family at our homeschool co-op (though I did love teaching math), choosing instead to spend that day of the week on my own studies, chores, projects, and keeping an eye on our old dog. One perk to this arrangement is that I get to make personal lunches, healthy, filling, and yummy!

I have no intention of making this a food blog, but I am thankful for good food. The sweet potato I grew myself. The salad I did not, although my garden did include lettuce, peppers, and cukes. The kefir in the smoothie was homemade, and some of the fruit came from a neighbor's yard. The recipe came from Trim Healthy Mama, our go-to cookbook nowadays. (E meal, THM fans?) 


The Lord upholds all who fall,
And raises up all who are bowed down.
 The eyes of all look expectantly to You,
And You give them their food in due season.
 You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing.
Psalm 145:14-16


No comments:

Post a Comment