Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: From the Book

Traditions...


Every year, my mom gets out the traditional Thanksgiving photo album scrapbook. It's great fun to look back and see what family members wrote in previous years as to what they are thankful for. Family is a recurring theme. Here's my entry for this year:

In March, when Grandpa died, I realized how terrific a family I come from. I am thankful for each member. I'm also thankful for the gift of godly friends, the gift of a mandolin, and the gift of depending on Jesus daily. ~*~

Each year also features a different Bible verse or passage. Not coincidentally, this year's was the one I happened to be memorizing this morning:

Now therefore, our God,
We thank You
And praise your glorious name.
But who am I, and who are my people,
That we should be able to offer so willingly as this?
For all things come from You,
And of Your own we have given You.
For we are aliens and pilgrims before you,
As were all our fathers,
Our days on earth are as a shadow
And without hope.
(1 Chronicles 29:13-15)

Truly, I am thankful to be dependent on Jesus daily. Everything really does come from HIM. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment