Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm going on a picnic with God...

On the way back from Ohio, one of the car games we played during the 8 hour drive was "I'm going on a picnic and I'm bringing...". Have you ever played that? You take turns naming what you're bringing according to the letters of the alphabet, and you have to recite everything up to the current letter. So it usually goes something like, "I'm going on a picnic and I'm bringing asparagus, bananas, cheese, Doritos, everything, french fries...", etc etc. Well after a "normal" round, Rachel K. suggested that we do the attributes of God. So...
I'm going on a picnic with God, and He is: Awesome, Beautiful, Creator, Divine, Everlasting, FANtastic, Gracious, Holy, Infinite, Joy-giver, Kind, Love, Magnificent, Never-failing, Omnipotent, Powerful, Quite-indescribable, Righteous, Saving, Trustworthy, Unlimited, Victorious, Wonderful, Xtremely-invincible, Yahweh, Zebra-inventor.
Not coincidentally, I was listening to Moody Radio recently, and someone was talking about praising God through the alphabet. Good idea! They suggested going through the whole alphabet, rather like the above game, but there are so many attributes for each letter that I've been doing a letter per day. So today, I've been thinking about how God is Majestic, Most High, with a voice like Many waters, Master, Marvelous, Miracle-worker, Missionary-sender, Monkey-inventor, Man (Jesus), Mentor, and so Much More.

No comments:

Post a Comment