I could've used about a hundred more exclamation points there. With every day that goes by, my anticipation and excitement grows. The more I learn about what goes on there, the happier and more amazed I get that I am actually going.
It's not "just" a Bible school. I usually tell people that I am going to a "little Bible school in Colorado", because that's something they will understand. But it's so much more than that. It's a set-apart time and place (I can't avoid the Ludy-isms, lol) where real people meet with our real God in a real way. When I heard about what was happening during the summer session, my flesh got nervous. It's not going to thrive there. In fact, according to the summer students, it's going to be put to death there. About time, I say.
Some more things I am looking forward to at Ellerslie:
- Experiencing God's presence.
- Learning how to pray.
- Meeting and getting to know like-minded believers. There are only about 50 students, and they are from all across the US and even other countries.
- Meeting the Ludys and Annie and Sandi and the rest of the staff. As much as I like and respect them, I have never idolized the Ludys or their books. But it will be a privilege to meet them in person.
- Being in an environment where men and women are encouraged to be ladies and gentlemen.
- Lord willing, there will be orphans at Ellerslie! That will be so neat! See their website for details on that.
- Visiting Colorado again. Everyone tells me it's beautiful out there.
- Flying "by myself". Of course I am tempted to be nervous, but the Lord will take care of me, and I am looking forward to the adventure!
Blessed be the Lord,
Who daily loads us with benefits,
The God of our salvation!